Sri Manakula Vinayagar Educational Trust was formed with a vowed objective of imparting quality technical and medical education to the weaker sections of the society. To cherish this objective and to join hands with the policy of Govt. of Puducherry in enhancing Technical education and to meet the needs of our nation, the trust has also established
1. Mailam Engineering College in 1998
2. Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College in 1999
3. Venkateswara College of Education in 2005
4. Venkateswara Teacher Training Institute in 2005
5. Manakula Vinayagar Institute of Technology in 2008
6. In the field of medical education, Medical College & Hospital and Sri Manakula Vinayagar Nursing College in 2006 and 2007 respectively.
It has been a successful institution in creating a platform for deserving students of the state. The institution has a mission of imparting technical education to create a new technical knowledge based professionals who will be capable to face the challenges of the globalization process. The institute also provides opportunities for a bright career. It gives a vision of the 21st century. The management has taken care of the institution in providing job oriented Vocational, Diploma & Degree level courses which are not only relevant to the changing needs of the time with regard to human resources and man power but also prepare students for self employment.